August contest - The Note
Most votes€ 400 coupon
Editor's pick 1st price€ 400 coupon
Editor's pick 2nd price€ 200 coupon
Editor's pick 3rd price€ 100 coupon
The 5th contest in 2017 is here and we are going to compose a song. The problem is, you can only use one single note! (that is, one single note-on MIDI event and one single note-off MIDI event). This note can be "used" by any of our plugins (sampling is not allowed), MPowerSynth is recommended of course. Then you can process it however you want using our effects. The song should be 30 to 60 seconds long.
How does it work
Do what needs to be done in your favourite DAW using MeldaProduction plugins. When you are happy about the results, login to your MeldaProduction account and submit your track along with the project file below. When the voting stage starts, people can listen to all tracks that we let into the finals and vote for their favourite, hopefully yours. And we will choose 3 main prizes ourselves.
- Submit the mix as MP3 file, preferrably 44100Hz sampling rate, 320kbps quality.
- You can use any host you want, but you can use only MeldaProduction plugins. Any other plugins are not allowed, even those your host includes. You can use gain and panorama in your DAW of course, but that's about it, anything more complex needs to be from us.
- Normalize the mix to -16 LUFS (integrated loudness). To make the comparison easy, they all need to be similar in loudness, otherwise some people could cheat. You can do that easily using the free MLoudnessAnalyzer - just set the target to -16 LUFS and use the Auto-gain or Batch processing button - after you export the WAV file from your host, simply drag & drop the file to the "Batch auto-gain" button and let the plugin do the magic.
If you don't own the plugins and your trials have expired, you can use the free plugins, or try a different computer where the trials have not expired, or render the mix with trial noise and send it to us along with the project via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will hopefully be able to render it for you - we have all major hosts except for VSL, Logic X (only Logic 9), GarageBand. But do that at least 3 days before the deadline, otherwise we may simply don't have enough time and you won't be able to submit your creation.
- You need to submit your project file as well, so we can check you only used our plugins and possibly inspire from your mix. Don't worry, we cannot really hack your computer or whatever based on your project file.
- One entry per person. You are free to post your mix for feedback on other forums or Facebook or whatever, but once you submit it, you have submitted it.
- Check the deadline above carefully. If you don't make it, too bad. There doesn’t exist a single excuse in the world that will make us change our mind on this, so don’t procrastinate.
- No whining. This is supposed to be fun. Not everybody will agree with the winner. Just accept that fact now so we can all move on and have a good time and learn something new.
- Your mix must not hurt our ears. And yes, advertisements do hurt. Smashing your mix into oblivion hurts too. Other than that feel free to be creative.